The following Terms and Conditions govern the use of wellbeing.tas.gov.au (“the site”).
What are the conditions with a user’s account?
We are not responsible for the content on the site that has been provided by the users of the site. Any content posted by you is subject to the rules of our Moderation Policy. Your contribution to the site may be edited, removed or not published if we consider it inappropriate (refer to Moderation Policy). Contributors should also be aware that their posts may remain online indefinitely. Where practical, you may choose not to identify yourself, deal with us on an anonymous basis or use a pseudonym.
What do we require from our users?
You must understand and agree that, without limitation:
- all information, data, images and other materials are the sole responsibility of the person from whom the content originated;
- you are prohibited from advertising or offering to sell or buy any goods and services;
- you cannot transmit Content that contains software viruses or programs designed to change or destroy the functionality of any computer software or hardware;
- you cannot collect or store personal data about other users of the site;
- you cannot impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation to a representative of The Crown;
- you cannot interrupt or interfere with the site or servers or networks connected to the site; and
- you cannot attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site or other use accounts.
Can your account be suspended or terminated?
We may terminate or suspend access to your site and/or account immediately, without prior notice, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. We may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all the related files and information in your account. After your account has been terminated, the content you have posted may also remain indefinitely on the site.
If you want to terminate your own account, please send an email to email@example.com.
These Terms shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Tasmania, Australia, without regards to its conflict of law provisions.
The Crown, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors and other partners are not responsible for any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising from a breach of this agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
What content do we own?
This website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and other proprietary information (“Intellectual Property”) of The Crown and its suppliers and licensors. The Crown owns and retains all proprietary rights in the intellectual property. All intellectual property in the content of this site including without limitation to text, software, source code, pages, documents and online graphics, photographs, sounds, audio, video and other interactive features are owned by or licensed to us.
Any original content that you submit or post on our site may be made available to the public and allows users to share your content (with the end user acknowledging your contribution) under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Australian License.
Except for Intellectual Property which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, alter, transmit, sell, distribute any of the Intellectual Property on this site.
We are not responsible for your communications or dealings, including payment and delivery of goods or services, with a third party found via our website. Any loss or damage incurred from those communications or dealings are solely between the user and the third party.
Disclaimer and Warranties
Users must agree that you use of the site is at your own risk. We make no warranty that the site will meet your requirements or be uninterrupted or error-free. Any material that the user downloads through the site is done at their own risk and are responsible for any damages to their computer system or loss of data.
Terms and Conditions for the 'Get Creative' and 'Postcards to the Premier' Activities
- You must not provide work that is not your original work.
- By submitting your work on this website, you agree that your work can be used by The Crown in the right of the State of Tasmania (‘the Tasmanian Government’) across all types of publications (web, strategy documents and all other mediums), unless you have explicitly elected for it not to be published.
- If you are under 16 years old, you must ensure that your parent or guardian has provided their consent for you to submit your work.
- Images/responses must be received by 19 March 2021.
- Your information will be managed by us in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004.
- Inappropriate images or responses including but not limited to those depicting nudity, violence, unsafe activities, substance abuse or misconduct will not be accepted.
- The Tasmanian Government reserves the right to accept or reject any image/response and may exercise absolute discretion in selecting or rejecting any image or response.
- To the extent permitted at law, the Tasmanian Government excludes all liability to respondents (you) for any loss, damage, claim or expense that respondents (you) suffer or incur in connection with providing work.
- You release the Tasmanian Government from any liability, cost, damage, loss or expense arising out of, or in connection with, providing your work and the use of any image/response.
- You indemnify the Tasmanian Government on demand against all claims directly or indirectly incurred or suffered by the Tasmanian Government in respect of:
- any infringement by the respondent (you) of any intellectual property rights of any other person in respect of any image/response;
- the use of any image/response by the Tasmanian Government; and
- any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
What happens if these Terms change?
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time without notice. The most recent version of the Terms can be seen on this page. By continuing to access or use our site after those revisions become effective, you agree and will comply to the revised terms. If you do not agree to the revised terms, please discontinue using our site.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.